The company mission & history
GET TO KNOW US THROUGH OUR HISTORY
Spectro Inlets was founded in November 2016 by a team of engineers from the Technical University of Denmark. The core technology, the microchip inlet system for mass spectrometers, was a result of 10 years of research and development, which we have subsequently commercialized and incorporated into our products.
Since the company’s inception, the team has steadily grown as well, while we have commercialized the microchip technology and carried out the first initial prototype sales to research facilities. In 2018, we completed the EC-MS, a turnkey analytical instrument used for electrochemical studies. Sales of this instrument have steadily increased since then.
Besides providing analytical instruments, the company has started pilot projects utilizing the technology for biogas and wastewater applications.
We provide real-time and accurate measurement solutions to optimize environmental and chemical processes to achieve a greener, cleaner world.
- More than 25 research publications have been made using the EC-MS
- Development of commercial version of analytical instrument for industrial process monitoring
- Successful pilot projects in biogas and wastewater
- Vækstfonden and a consortium of private investors invest
- Development of analytical instrument for R&D applications
- Spectro Biogas coowned with E.ON is established
- Commercialization of the microchip
- First prototype sales to research institutions
- Based on discovery by the founders and DTU professors Ib Chorkendorff, and Peter Vesborg
- Academic validation and patent application
Board of Directors
Tutorial for treating EC-MS data using Ixdat
There is now a tutorial available for treating EC-MS data using the free-to-use and open-source software Ixdat. Ixdat is a tool capable of integrating multiple datasets
The 243rd ECS Meeting
We are excited to participate in the 243rd ECS Meeting and 18th International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC-XVIII), by ECS – The Electrochemical Society,
The Battery Show Europe
We have participated in the Battery Show Europe, 23-25 May, at Messe Stuttgart, Germany. Thanks for a good conference where we connected with fellow attendees
EC-MS Professional Video
We’ve launched a product video for the EC-MS Professional, see more below (or under the EC-MS):
Introducing the EC-MS Premium
Our newest product, the EC-MS Premium, allows you to determine the origin and the nature of the gas-evolution, enabling a better understanding of the Solid
Research paper on decarboxylation of acetic acid
Congratulations to the researchers from the University of Twente on the recent paper “Electrochemical decarboxylation of acetic acid on boron-doped diamond and platinum functionalised electrodes for